Every homeowner should be able to take care of small repairs around the home. In order to be able to complete any do-it-yourself repairs and projects, you will need the proper tools at your disposal. Following is a list of the ten standard tools that should be found in every homeowner’s tool box.
1. Screwdriver – Screwdrivers allow you to tighten or loosen handles and drawers around the home. Make sure to include both Phillips-head and flat-bladed versions in your repertoire.
2. Hammer – If you need help removing pesky nails around your walls, use a hammer to replace them with new ones.
3. Stud finder – Stud finders can be purchased for less than $20 and will help you hammer a nail into the perfect spot for a coat rack, TV mount or miscellaneous artwork.
4. Electric corded drill – A corded drill comes in handy around the house. You just need to plug it in and begin your repairs.
5. Pliers – You can use pliers to tighten loose bolts as well as loosen tight screws.
6. Tape measure – Always measure the perfect distance with a convenient tape measure. They are also available in pocket size so you can take them on the go.
7. Shop Vac – A Shop Vac is a powerful vacuum with many uses, including cleaning your door track, removing cobwebs from hard-to-reach places and cleaning your car.
8. Exacto knife – These knives will make a precise cut into almost any surface including boxes and roof tarp.
9. Chop saw – Chop saws have the ability to cut moulding, decks and replacement boards.
10. Level – Hang a frame at the perfect measure by using a level. A level can be used to make sure everything you hang is “leveled.”
Would you like to know more about Erath County and Stephenville properties? Our professional team of real estate agents would love to help get you acquainted with the area.