With summer in full swing, there’s nothing like a great outdoor barbecue to bring your friends and neighbors together to have a great time at your Stephenville home. While Texans tend to be very adept with their barbecue and grilling skills, for novice chefs, there are some easy steps that one might not think of that lead to a great day of outdoor eats. Here are just a few tips to make sure you put on a smoking cookout at your Stephenville home!
1. Heat the grill at least 15 minutes before throwing on your meats. This ensures that any bacteria on the grill-grate is killed off, and that meats will sear once they hit the hot grate, providing those nice char lines that you’re looking for.
2. Before you actually throw that meat on the grill, but after it’s gotten hot, scrub it with a wire grill brush. This will get rid of old char that is easier to remove when it’s hot. Also, repeat this before each new grill batch.
3. Oil the grill before throwing on your meats. This could include wiping the hot grill grate with olive oil, or if you’re feeling decadent, how about some bacon fat? (Either way, do this after scraping the grill with your wire grill brush.)
4. Use separate knives and cutting boards. This is a major safety must, seeing as you never want uncooked juices from meats that need to be cooked well done, like chicken and pork, to mix with meats that can come off the grill rarer, like beef cuts, some fish, and duck.
5. Marinate that meat for a good amount of time. It’s too often that chicken breasts at a cookout are dry and flavorless, often because they were only marinated for 10 or 20 minutes. Be nice to your meat and your guests at your Stephenville home, and go for an overnight marinade that will instill plenty of flavor into your choice cuts.
Stephenville homeowners know just what a great community this is. If you’re interested in hearing more about Stephenville home for sale, please contact our team of real estate professionals. It would be our pleasure to assist you in your Stephenville home quest.