If you’re getting bored with the same layout you’ve had in the kitchen of your Stephenville home for the last however many years, or are looking to make your property more attractive to potential buyers, it’s helpful to know what kind of stylish innovations today’s buyers are looking for. According to HGTV, these are some of the hippest trends going on in today’s kitchen interiors.
1. Many homeowners are removing cabinet doors on their kitchen cabinets to create a more open look. This is an especially effective technique for homeowners with great dishware that they’d like to showcase. However, if you’re making this adjustment, make sure not to leave holes or remnants of prior cabinet work along the frames of your now-doorless pantries.
2. Coffered ceilings are all the rage these days. Depending on the level of skill of the Erath County homeowner, this could be a do-it-yourself project, but for most folks, this requires some professional help. That said, a coffered ceiling will have potential homebuyers looking up in awe.
3. While hardwood floors are popular these days, a cheaper solution to redoing an old, stain-ridden hardwood floor is simply painting it with durable oil-based deck or porch finish that will give it a sleek, modern look. Beige happens to be a very popular color these days, due to its tranquil nature.
4. Go big with lampshades and lighting. Rather than a bunch of barren 60-watt bulbs or track-lighting, large-domed light fixtures happen to be very popular these days. Light browns and Japanese-style drum lamps could be a chic addition to your Stephenville kitchen.
5. Remember the old saying that “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere,” and add bar stools to your kitchen island to make it a nice place for a post-work cocktail. This can also simply be a nice way to create extra dining space if your dining room is located apart from your kitchen.
Stephenville is a lovely area to call home, and as longtime agents in the Stephenville area, we would love to help you find the perfect fit when it comes to your Stephenville homebuying needs. Please contact us today with all your real estate questions.